Continuing A Tale of Two Hygienist’s series on ergonomics, Michelle and Andrew had the opportunity to speak with a guest whose company plays a significant role in making magnification both easy and comfortable for dental hygienists.
Brent Downs is the director of sales for Q-Optics, which specializes in the design and production of through-the-lens (TTL) and flip-up loupes used by dental professionals to magnify the teeth they work diligently on. He’s proud that Q-Optics’ products have opened so many dental hygienists’ eyes (ha) to the benefits of ergonomic loupes.
In this episode, Brent discusses the process used to find the right loupes for a dental hygienist, delves into the potential effects of loupes on their wearers’ eyesight, and explains what makes Q-Optics’ devices stand out.
Interview starts: 14:25
– Brent discusses his journey working with optics and how Q-Optics has helped to create so many “magnification junkies.”
– Looking back through the history of loupes and how they came to be a key aspect of dentistry and dental hygiene.
– Want to know how Brent and his team fit their clients for loupes? Check out Andrew’s own experience at https://www.ataleoftwohygienists.com/atoth-library/andrew-gets-fitted-for-loupes-video/
– Brent debunks wide-ranging myths about loupe usage and its effect on eyesight.
– How are bright lights in loupes affecting their wearers in the long term?
– The “collective freak-out” over the potential effects of blue light.
“We want to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.”
“Let’s get the information that we need, but let’s make it as simple and bulletproof as possible.”
“The beauty behind competition is it forces me to [lead] a better company.”
“We are certainly not in the business of blinding people.”
Q-Optics homepage – https://www.q-optics.com/
Q-Optics email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Q-Optics phone number – 1-800-858-2121
THIS EPISODE COUNTS FOR CE! – but read the disclaimer below as it might not count for your state.
Go here to take the test and get your CE Credit!
A Tale of Two Hygienists homepage – https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/
AToTH on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aTaleOfTwoHygienists/
AToTH on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ataleoftwohygienists
AToTH on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/atoth/?originalSubdomain=ca