THIS EPISODE COUNTS FOR CE! – but read the disclaimer below as it might not count for your state.
Go here to take the test and get your CE Credit!
It’s the final A Tale of Two Hygienists episode of 2020. We made it, people! As part of the show’s year-end review, Michelle spoke with another beloved returning guest about their tumultuous 2020.
Dr. Pam Maragliano-Muniz is the Editor-in-Chief of DentistryIQ.com, the owner of Salem Dental Arts, an experienced prosthodontist and a hygienist even before that. Her years in the dental field have honed her insight into the natural and unnatural ways teeth break down.
In this episode, Dr. Maragliano-Muniz discusses how the pandemic gave her time to reflect on her work, delves into how PPE and ergonomics intersect, and explains why she’s “in heaven” at her practice these days.
Interview starts: 17:54
– Dr. Maragliano-Muniz explains her glass half-full approach to 2020.
– What she has found “heartwarming” over the course of the pandemic.
– How the introduction of PPE into the office has an impact on ergonomics.
– What Dr. Maragliano-Muniz has found to be the most comfortable PPE items and brands.
– How probing has been revolutionized in Dr. Maragliano-Muniz’s practice.
– The benefit of designating an employee at your practice to supervise infection control.
– The most rewarding thing Dr. Maragliano-Muniz’s patients have said to her about her practice.
– A sneak peek at Dr. Maragliano-Muniz’s show coming out in the new year with Tom Viola!
“As much as I don’t want to relive what happened in March/April/May, it was worth it for me because I feel like I finally have the team behind me that I’ve been really looking forward to having.”
“It was kind of heartwarming to see dentists, hygienists and assistants come together as a community.”
“If we can find some pieces of PPE that can make us comfortable, I feel like gosh, it’s such a win.”
“I feel like right now, less is more when it comes to being comfortable.”
“We’ve done more scalings than ever and patients are just so much more engaged with their oral hygiene.”
“I wanted to keep our patients informed without being annoying.”
“I am leaving 2020 with a lot of gratitude.”
Salem Dental Arts – https://www.salemdentalarts.com/
Pam on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/drpamela_maragliano/
DentistryIQ – https://www.dentistryiq.com/
A Tale of Two Hygienists homepage – https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/
AToTH on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aTaleOfTwoHygienists/
AToTH on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ataleoftwohygienists
AToTH on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/atoth/?originalSubdomain=ca