Coming off of the discussion in last week’s student roundtable, A Tale of Two Hygienists continues its series on effective leadership and team-building. Their latest guest makes establishing and refining good leadership skills the core of her career.
Judy Kay Mausolf, or just Judy Kay, is the president and owner of Practice Solutions Inc., a firm specializing in developing leadership at dental practices. A speaker and coach, she helps practices build the ideal culture for their team as well as their patients, and sees uplifting and empowering people as her calling.
In this episode, Judy discusses the values that do—and do not—lead to healthy workplace culture, explains what it means to deliver “W.O.W,” and delves into the five major areas that have an impact on our patients.
Interview starts: 11:22
– Judy describes the journey that ultimately led her to focus on culture in the workplace.
– What values shape the culture that a team will develop, and how can you best communicate these values to your colleagues?
– Developing an attractive brand for your practice through good leadership.
– “Weeding out” the less helpful aspects of your practice’s culture.
– Laying out the first few steps you can take to create culture at your practice.
– Judy’s predictions for how COVID lockdown will shape dental culture in the near future.
“You could have great team members and you could have great systems and protocols, but if they didn’t work well together, it still created a lot of problems.”
“If our team doesn’t know our core values, then it’s very hard for them to replicate that in the care of the patients every day.”
“When we talk about quality, we look at Accurate, Detailed and Complete.”
“We need to be able to enjoy where we go to work every day. We can’t fake it forever.”
Judy’s homepage – https://www.practicesolutionsinc.net/
Judy’s email – email@example.com
Judy’s phone number – (612) 701-4922
THIS EPISODE COUNTS FOR CE! – but read the disclaimer below as it might not count for your state.
Go here to take the test and get your CE Credit!
A Tale of Two Hygienists homepage – https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/
AToTH on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aTaleOfTwoHygienists/
AToTH on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ataleoftwohygienists
AToTH on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/atoth/?originalSubdomain=ca