A Tale of Two Hygienists’ student roundtable series is taking a different approach this week, aimed entirely at students who’ve only recently started hygiene school—though stick around if you’re a senior. You’ll still learn something important.
Andrew and Michelle had the honor of attending RDH Under One Roof, which took place July 31 through August 2nd this year in Grapevine, Texas. At RDH Under One Roof, members of the dental hygiene profession gather en masse to learn from top experts and keynote speakers, as well as check out the latest in dental hygiene tech. While they were there, our two hosts recorded an informal yet very informative roundtable episode featuring nearly 40 GUESTS.
In this jam-packed episode, our numerous guests dish out their most vital advice for new hygiene students, discuss their own histories in the field, and reveal some of their favorite memories from hygiene school.
Interview starts: 3:52
– Don’t be afraid to take on any challenges that come your way while in school. At the very least they provide ample learning opportunities.
– Make sure to find the time to relax and find a social life for yourself outside of class.
– While you’re learning how to take care of other people’s mouths, keep an eye on your own body and stay healthy.
– Never burn bridges; you can never predict if you’ll end up working someone you were rude or inconsiderate to.
– Thanks to biofilm research, it’s never been a more exciting time to enter the dental hygiene field.
– Network whenever you can; the connections you make in school can shape your career for years to come.
– Proper ergonomics when holding instruments will absolutely pay off in the long run.
– Last but certainly not least: never give up.
“Be open to any challenges or opportunities that lie your way.”
“Just follow your passions and you will do it.
“Your patient is not a chart. Your patient is not a number. Your patient is a human being.”
“Really learn to advocate for your patients.”
“Your education does not end. It just began with hygiene school and the day that you graduated.”
“If you want something bad enough, go get it.”
“You can’t clearly study if your mind is foggy. You’ll get more clear when you do something nice for yourself.”
MORE STUDENT ROUNDTABLE EPISODES: https://www.ataleoftwohygienists.com/studentroundtable/
RDH Under One Roof homepage – https://www.rdhunderoneroof.com
Ann Marie DePalma’s email: email@example.com
Smiles at Sea homepage – https://www.smilesatsea.com/
Thank you to Paradise Dental Technologies aka PDT for providing sponsorship for this episode!
Be sure to thank the sponsor for this episode by heading over to www.PDTDental.com and picking up a new instrument or telling them thank you in person at one of the conferences!
A Tale of Two Hygienists homepage – https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/
AToTH on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aTaleOfTwoHygienists/
AToTH on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ataleoftwohygienists
AToTH on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/atoth/?originalSubdomain=ca