Andrew and Michelle recently discussed infection and contagion control at length with their last trio of roundtable guests, one of who was kind enough to return and chat further about an organization that makes patient safety in the office a top priority.
Michelle Lee is the executive director of the Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP), a body that advocates for safe and clean oral healthcare. Michelle and OSAP work with dental professionals to ensure that patients receiving oral and orthodontic treatment have little to no risk of catching infections or anything contagious.
In this episode, Michelle breaks down the differences between OSAP, OSHA and the CDC, explains OSAP’s surprising relationship with the armed forces, and takes a close look at the various risks infection poses to all areas of dentistry.
– What is OSAP, what role does Michelle play in the organization, and how does it differ from OSHA?
– What kinds of organizations and people make up OSAP’s rank and file?
– Michelle discusses some of the issues OSAP is focusing on right now and what kinds of events they arrange.
– The reason there’s a surprisingly high presence of military members at OSAP’s boot camps.
– Michelle explains the Dental Assistant National Board (DANB) and how they’ve recently partnered with OSAP.
– How you can keep updated with OSAP via social media and where you can go to ask any questions you may have.
– The extra challenges posed by mobile dental units for infection control.
“There’s a lot more to infection control than just employee safety.”
“We don’t want to be exclusive; we want that message out there to all dental professionals.”
“We can all work together and help build up each other’s associations.”
“We want to make patients realize we’re there to take care of them and make their lives better.”
OSAP homepage – https://www.osap.org/
Michelle’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to Paradise Dental Technologies aka PDT for providing sponsorship for this episode!
THIS EPISODE COUNTS FOR CE! – but read the disclaimer below as it might not count for your state.
Go here to take the test and get your CE credit!
Be sure to thank the sponsor for this episode by heading over to www.PDTDental.com and picking up a new instrument or telling them thank you in person at one of the conferences!
A Tale of Two Hygienists homepage – https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/
AToTH on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aTaleOfTwoHygienists/
AToTH on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ataleoftwohygienists
AToTH on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/atoth/?originalSubdomain=ca