For this bonus episode—powered by Crest+Oral B—we’re happy to invite back Susan Wingrove, who previously appeared on episode 21.
Susan is a registered dental hygienist, speaker, published author and CEO of Wingrove Dynamics, specializing in dental implants and instrument design. She has taken the time to stop by and illuminate us on her chosen topic for a recent New York meetup, “Just for the Oral Health of It,” which focuses on home care and implant maintenance.
In this special episode, Susan discusses the necessity of oral probing in diagnosing inflammatory conditions, how to deal with the insurance gap, and what techniques and tools patients can use to maintain their implants at home.
– Why dentists and periodontal specialists should be working hand-in-hand with physicians to diagnose and treat inflammatory diseases.
– The importance of doing a full-mouth probing in preventing and maintaining inflammation.
– The extra steps people should take to clear your mouth of biofilm daily.
– How technology can put a risky buffer between a patient and proper treatment.
– A by-the-numbers breakdown for inflammatory treatment.
– Taking the smart approach to probing dental implants.
– Looking at the new types of home care available for implant maintenance.
“We should be working hand-in-hand with their physicians as to why do they have this inflammation.”
“We’re really the first responders to see what’s going on in the mouth.”
“If there’s bone loss to go with the inflammation, we’re looking at periodontal disease.”
“You’re always going to have some stain retained on plaque if you don’t eliminate all the biofilm.
Wingrove Dynamics – http://www.wingrovedynamics.com/calendar.html
Susan’s email – email@example.com
Thank you to Crest+Oral B for providing sponsorship for this episodes CE credits!
THIS EPISODE COUNTS FOR CE! – but read the disclaimer below as it might not count for your state.
Go here to take the test and get your CE Credit! https://www.cezoom.com/taketest/?courseid=3245&testid=1293
Approved Pace Program Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval Does Not Imply Acceptance By A State Or Provincial Board of Dentistry Or AGD Endorsement. 1/1/18- 12/31/19 Provider #373236
A Tale of Two Hygienists homepage – https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/
AToTH on Facebook –https://www.facebook.com/aTaleOfTwoHygienists/
AToTH on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ataleoftwohygienists
AToTH on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/atoth/?originalSubdomain=ca