Next stop, vulnerability station! As a kind of New Year’s gift, Andrew and Michelle have wrapped up a special bonus episode of A Tale of Two Hygienists! To open the year, they’re getting pretty real by discussing the low points of working as a dental hygienist and dealing with the ins and outs of working in a practice.
Inspired by a recent article in OSAP’s journal, they touch on professional burnout, questionable office ethics, and look back through their shared years as dental hygienists to reflect on how they’ve dealt with unsupportive coworkers and even bullying. But most importantly, your hosts want to impress that there is always a happy ending to be found, either by improving your workplace or finding a job better suited to your needs.
– Recounting how burnout manifests itself physically.
– How demoralizing it can be to work in an unsupportive environment.
– Why communication is essential for creating healthier workplaces.
– Examining how some colleagues and bosses become micromanagers.
– What you can do for yourself and your workplace to reduce burnout.
“The education, the information, the networking is what got me out of it.”
“Everybody needs to sit in a room, and everybody needs to talk it out.”
More ATotH Episodes: https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/listen/
A Tale of Two Hygienists homepage – https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/
AToTH on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aTaleOfTwoHygienists/
AToTH on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ataleoftwohygienists
AToTH on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/atoth/?originalSubdomain=ca