THIS EPISODE COUNTS FOR CE! – but read the disclaimer below as it might not count for your state.
Go here to take the test and get your free CE Credit!
Whether you’re freshly graduated, looking for a different gig, or just want a few pointers, you’re bound to learn some helpful job-searching tips from the guest Andrew spoke to on this week’s A Tale of Two Hygienists.
Doug Perry is an author, speaker, and coach who works with both new and seasoned dental hygienists to optimize their résumés, expand their professional networks, and find new jobs through his website GetHiredRHD.com. You may also know him as the host of Get Hired, one of our other shows on the Dental Podcast Network.
In this episode, Doug reveals his process of helping clients fine-tune their resumes, vouches for cover letters, and discusses the increasingly popular jobs in hygiene that can be found outside the operatory.
Interview starts: 8:54
– Doug talks about his “real job” outside of the podcasting realm and how public relations evolve during the previous decades.
– How Doug helps people hone in on the strongest parts of their resumes.
– What a good cover letter can draw out of your resume.
– How you can establish yourself as a credible candidate during a job interview.
– Doug dishes out his interview prep tips.
– The increased focus on non-clinical jobs in the hygiene space.
– Doug’s advice to students and those looking for a new career as we head into the future.
“Let’s have a resume for each one of those interests. Instead of trying to make one square peg fit into this round hole, let’s create a bunch of square pegs that fit into different square holes.”
“You’re not going to be successful being everything to everybody.”
“The cover letter takes it to another level—a more personal level.”
“You kind of have to read the person who’s interviewing you.”
“I love it when people are able to feel like they can still make a contribution in spite of the fact that we have all these difficult restrictions and things in place.”
RDH Resumes and Career Guidance – https://gethiredrdh.com/
Doug’s email – email@example.com
Doug’s phone – (801)683-9664
A Tale of Two Hygienists homepage – https://ataleoftwohygienists.com/
AToTH on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aTaleOfTwoHygienists/
AToTH on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ataleoftwohygienists
AToTH on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/atoth/?originalSubdomain=ca
Leave a Reply