Are you ready to administer vaccines and test for COVID-19? If you’re up to it you may soon be able to! What happens if this becomes a standard of care for dental offices? How do you get paid for it? So many questions around this hot topic. We also explore the world of sexy dentistry with the company TEND. You get to choose your own aromatherapy to go with your fluoride treatment. What a world we live in!
Finally, have you considered making it rain at a dental convention? There are dental shows out there with stripper poles. Who knew!!??
Episode 8 Highlights
- COVID-19 vaccines through dental practices
- Dentistry startup aims to reduce fear around going to the dentist
- “When you administer a vaccine you need to know the patient’s medical history in and out.”
- “I think it’s going to be a very different job if we go in the medical/dental direction.”
- “I’m good with aromatherapy. You have not smelled anything until Ms. Jones comes at you with her periodontal disease.”
- “I know people don’t like to talk about money, but as it turns out, you are running a business.”
- “If you don’t know what clear heels means that’s okay because you are living a pure life.”
- “This dental conference had poles, not Polish people, but poles. Stripper poles.”
- “Imagine building your booth and saying ‘you know we need to have room for the stripper poles’”.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Article on TEND: https://www.forbes.com/sites/leahrosenbaum/2020/10/01/this-startup-raised-37-million-to-make-going-to-the-dentist-fun/?sh=233a70825694
- TEND’s site: https://www.hellotend.com/
- Smile Direct Club episode from Nobody Told Me That!
- ADA Vaccine information: https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/viewpoint/my-view/2019/october/my-view-could-vaccines-come-from-your-dentist-not-yet
- Dr. Bicuspid’s coverage on COVID-19 testing in the practice: https://www.drbicuspid.com/index.aspx?sec=sup&sub=bai&pag=dis&ItemID=327552
- ADA’s SmileCon 2021: https://smilecon.org/en
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**