More behind the scenes of dental insurance! My friend Patrick O’Rourke joins me for a geeky discussion about contracts and negotiations (the geekier the better). Patrick has worked on both the broker and provider sides and now on the provider side. He still maintains great relationships which helps him and his company – Practice Quotient – stay on top of insurance trends.
Episode 63 Highlights
- Shifts in 2020 contracts (post-COVID)
- Rescue Negotiations – don’t get in that situation
- Sharing fee schedules with other offices is bad for business
- Discussion about Delta Premier, Aetna’s new ‘take it or leave it’ fee schedule change
- Regarding insurance carrier funds: “My hope was that they were going to take that money and use it constructively”
- “It does no good to negotiate the highest fee schedule”
- Regarding breaking the contract confidentiality clause: “It’s against the law, it is a criminal offense”
- “If you think your super secret Facebook group is private, you are WRONG”
- “The number one reason people don’t go to the dentist is because they don’t have dental insurance”
- “That is when I learned the power of the employee” when it comes to getting claims paid
- “Hope for the best, prepare for the worst”
Connect with Patrick here:
- Twitter: @gabenefitexpert and @knowyourpq
- LI: Patrick O’Rourke – Founder & Chief Executive Officer – Practice Quotient, Inc.
- LI: Practice Quotient, Inc.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/practicequotientinc
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**
Teresa’s Website- https://www.odysseymgmt.com/ (sign up for my newsletter!)
Teresa’s Book Moving Your Patients to Yes! Easy Insurance Conversations
http://odysseymgmt.corecommerce.com/Book/ (use ‘newsletter’ for $3 off