One of my favorite people to keep an eye on is Dr. Bryan Laskin. He’s the founder of OperaDDS, Toothapps, Upgrade Your Practice and more apps and services designed to make our lives easier. In dentistry we see a lot of change with materials and equipment but not nearly the same in the administrative field. I’m talking about reimagining the way you do business not just improving what we already do. I joked with Bryan that he was ahead of his time with his OperaVR and teledentistry products. The good news is that being ahead of the curve means you’re ready when little things like COVID hit. We talked about artificial intelligence, consumer-driven dentistry, and why he’d design his next office around his team. There is a link for his new book below. Think of it as a roadmap for how you can implement technology in your practice. He lays it all out for you.
- “22% ppl put off dental care bcs of anxiety.”
- “If it is broken, and someone else hasn’t found the solution, I want to.”
- “What other industry do you call on the phone to make an appointment?”
- “It’s obvious in my brain, but hard to get out of my mouth.”
- “It’s not a rant if you are right.” ← my favorite!
- “[Technology] needs to be easy to use – there shouldn’t be 300 settings you have to get through.”
- “Revenue is vanity, profit is sanity.”
- “Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.”
- “The explosion of AI is all over the place in dentistry.”
- “If you take care of your staff then they will take care of your patients.”
- “If I could build my office today, I would build it focused around the teams.”
Don’t forget to check out my other podcast Chew on This – A Dental Podcast!
Links from the show:
- The Patient First Manifesto Book (put in a cc # but select 0 for the price)
- Facebook: Bryan Laskin, DDS (@operability)
- LinkedIn: Dr. Bryan Laskin
- Bryan’s The Operatory Podcast
Also! Grab this Ebook that is completely free for you. 50+ pages of knowledge, checklists and job descriptions. Enjoy!
Click here for the Prepare Protect Prosper eBook
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**
- Teresa’s Website- https://www.odysseymgmt.com/ (sign up for my newsletter!)
- Teresa’s Book Moving Your Patients to Yes! Easy Insurance Conversations
http://odysseymgmt.corecommerce.com/Book/ (use ‘newsletter’ for $3 off)
Leave a Reply