Episode 61 Highlights
Onederful Is Trying to Keep You From Calling Dental Carriers – Fingers Crossed!
My insurance nerd flag was flying for this one! Karen Taylor of Onederful joins me to talk about the technology behind dental carrier information. If you’ve ever wondered what happens behind the scenes then this one’s for you.
- Karen and Teresa discuss the timesuck of gathering eligibility and benefits
- What the heck is API? You use it almost every day in the office.
- Why wouldn’t carriers simplify this process? What about practice management systems?
- What is the Onederful Road Map?
- Can we use this technology to streamline claim status checks?
- “API, you can think of it as a facilitator of data”
- Accurate benefits ‘result in no surprise bills to the patient”
- “It is a digital process, fully automated with no phone calls made”
- From the carrier side: “Not only do they have to staff someone to take our calls, but we ask a lot of questions”
- Karen says “I am seeing the carriers start to look more holistically at their programs”
- Teresa complains “At the pharmacy not only do they fill my prescription but they know my info, check my benefits and fill it, so quickly”
- “Every dentist can use this, even if you are out of network”
How to connect with Karen Taylor and Onederful:
Onederful’s Website: https://onederful.co/
Principal Partnership Blog Post: https://developers.onederful.co/blog/principal-insurance-partnership/
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**
Teresa’s Website- https://www.odysseymgmt.com/ (sign up for my newsletter!)
Teresa’s Book Moving Your Patients to Yes! Easy Insurance Conversations
http://odysseymgmt.corecommerce.com/Book/ (use ‘newsletter’ for $3 off