Angela Davis Sullivan and I go way back in our consulting days. I’m excited that you’ll hear her solutions for handling employee personalities and the weird situations we find ourselves in as leaders. Her advice is just so solid and I hope it’s helpful!
- Covid-19 and charging for PPE – how has it affected her clients
- The concept of ‘work family’
- What will happen when kids don’t go back to school
- Communication within your practice
- Discussion around new hires and their first 30 days
- 360 Feedback – what the heck is it?
- She recommends Forte and other personality type assessments
- How she trains for patient onboarding
- Teledentistry – is it working for her clients?
- 10 office agreements you should have
- Why you need an end of year assessment
- Angela’s book is Coming Home to a Better Practice – definitely worth a read!
- “I started in dentistry when I was 16 years old…it was before gloves if you can imagine that”
- On PPE: “Just own it, tell the patient ‘I know you can’t see it, but I am smiling under this mask and I am excited to meet you’”
- “I am also encouraging whoever is going to see that new patient to make a call and start that relationship building”
- “That personal stuff is more important now than it ever has been”
- “You have to have fun…if you can’t have fun it’s going to be a long day”
- “Finding the people that want to be there is number one”
- On employee struggles: “It wasn’t even having fear of the virus it was the side effects from PPE”
- “If they do well, then I do well. The whole team does well”
- On team agreements: “If they had a role in creating it, they are a heck of a lot more likely to follow it”
- “If you don’t act like a professional, they are not going to treat you like a professional, and you will not earn like a professional”
- “When everybody does everything, then nobody does anything…there is no accountability”
- “Don’t forget to dream 🙂 ”
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**
Teresa’s website- https://www.odysseymgmt.com/ (sign up for my newsletter!)
Teresa’s book can be found here Moving Your Patients to Yes! Easy Insurance Conversations
(use ‘newsletter’ for $3 off)