Today’s guest and my friend Dr. Brett Wells shares his story of not just one but two riots that affected his office. He’s learned a few lessons from the experience. I’m grateful that he agreed to share his story and those lessons. It may not be a riot but a natural disaster that threatens your physical location. The takeaway is that we should plan for the weirdest possible scenario. Did anyone have rioting and looting on their 2020 checklist? I know I sure didn’t!
Episode 62 Highlights
- Dr. Wells shares his story about the riots
- How COVID made an appearance in his practice
- 2020…What else could happen?
- The importance of backups and redundancies
- Cash reserves are king. He recommends making this a priority.
- “I didn’t think it was going to be as bad as it got, and I didn’t think my business was going to be effected the way it has been”
- “I have a friend that is a police officer that let me know he was expecting it to bad”
- “They pan over to a guy with a brick, throwing it though our front window… so we gotta watch it live”
- “They don’t teach you how to hire an armed guard in dental school”
- “I guess if you are a rioter you don’t see the value of a dental chair”
- “If dentists are not taking serious steps to keep at least one month… two months… three months of capital in the bank then you really need to be taking a serious look at how you go about business”
- “I wanted to be open on Monday to show we can’t be held down”
The Big Dip Webinar Replay can be found here
Damage to Dr. Wells Office Direct link to image
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**
Teresa’s Website- https://www.odysseymgmt.com/ (sign up for my newsletter!)
Teresa’s Book Moving Your Patients to Yes! Easy Insurance Conversations
http://odysseymgmt.corecommerce.com/Book/ (use ‘newsletter’ for $3 off