Where did all these Medicare Advantage plans come from? They’re great for seniors to be able to afford more dental care but they’re taking a lot of offices by surprise. I asked my friend Dilaine to break it down for you (and for me!) We throw around a lot of words like opt-in, enrolled and prescribing physician. They each have significant meaning and we will need to not only know them but to adequately explain it to our patients. I expect you’ll take plenty of notes – I know I did!
- “Any provider who opted out of traditional Medicare is not eligible to receive benefits from a Medicare Advantage plan.”
- “It seems like everyone and their brother has a Medicare Advantage Plan.”
- “There is a lot of stuff with Medicare that does apply to the dentists that flies under the radar.”
- “We can dive into a deep black hole and stay there (to investigate Medicare Advantage), but office managers may not be able to do that.”
- Regarding customer service reps: “If it’s not on their list in front of them they will not know the answer.”
- “Be sure you have entered into a written private contract with that patient and I recommend doing that every two years, every time that renewal period comes up.”
- “If you have to listen to this again no one would blame you, this is not easy stuff.”
Don’t forget to check out my other podcast Chew on This – A Dental Podcast!
- CMS: Home – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Who are the MACs (Medicare Administrative Contractor)?
- Example of a Medicare Advantage offering
Connect with Dilaine:
- Dilaine Gloege, CDA, CPC – Chief Claims Officer and Director of Education/Brand Management – Dental ClaimSupport – Dental Billing Company
- Dental ClaimSupport: Outsource Dental Billing for More Smiles, Less Stress
- Dental ClaimSupport – Facebook
Also! Grab this Ebook that is completely free for you. 50+ pages of knowledge, checklists and job descriptions. Enjoy! Click here for the Prepare Protect Prosper eBook
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**
- Teresa’s Website- https://www.odysseymgmt.com/ (sign up for my newsletter!)
- Teresa’s Book Moving Your Patients to Yes! Easy Insurance Conversations
http://odysseymgmt.corecommerce.com/Book/ (use ‘newsletter’ for $3 off)
Leave a Reply