Edie Gibson is a well-respected hygienist and a personal long-time friend. Although we met while educating about implants one of her personal passions has been to discuss addiction and mental health. I’ve learned over the years that just because someone is quiet and says they’re fine that it may not always be the case.
At some point you’ll come across someone who needs help. I hope this helps you if you find yourself in similar situations. In the meantime, I’m sending hugs to you. Life can be hard but there is help available.
- “We as human beings are not built, bred or created to be alone.”
- “Addiction is the inability to stop – regardless of negative consequences.”
- “Thanksgiving through New Years is the prime time when depression kicks in for those who are using and abusing.”
- “Personal responsibility goes out the window, because their obsession takes over.”
- “You can put your human heart on, and say this is a human being, who may need help.”
- “Sometimes we want to be the little spoon!”
- “It’s okay to not be okay, and it is okay to need help.”
- “Know when enough is enough for you.”
- “A brief intervention by a healthcare provider has been shown to help people seek treatment more often than not.”
Resources from the episode:
- Life’s Healing Boundaries
- Boundaries Drs. Cloud and Townsend
- Edie Gibson LinkedIn
- Edie’s Website
- Charlie Mackesy’s book
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resources from the ADA
Download an Ebook that is completely free for you. 50+ pages of knowledge, checklists and job descriptions including the Dental Insurance Coordinator Mini-Guide. Enjoy!
Click here for the Prepare Protect Prosper eBook
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**
- Teresa’s Website- https://www.odysseymgmt.com/ (sign up for my newsletter!)
- Teresa’s Book Moving Your Patients to Yes! Easy Insurance Conversations
Leave a Reply