My friend Kevin Henry joins me to illuminate the case of Dr. Seth Lookhart and his manager Shauna Cranford. You may know the doctor best as the Hoverboard dentist – he worked on patients while riding his hoverboard! I know! Hidden in the legal case documents are a bunch of texts between the doctor and manager. They showed just how they planned to get as much reimbursement as possible. Honestly, the hoverboard is the tamest part of the whole case.
We took a little creative license and read the tweets in character. Ethical challenges exist in our daily dental lives. These texts are an example of ethics being thrown out the window. We hope it’s as educational for you as it was for us.
Also! We wrote an Ebook that is completely free for you. 50+ pages of knowledge, checklists and job descriptions. Enjoy!
Click here for the Prepare Protect Prosper eBook
- “These text messages are something else.”
- “Nothing deleted, is ever deleted.”
- Dr Lookhart: “Let’s build a practice around it: Sedation. Let’s Medicaid it up!”
- When doctors take blind advice from employees: “If someone tells you ‘oh it’s okay’ is it really?”
- Kevin reacts to his character statements: “I felt slimy saying that.”
- New dental motto? “Grip and rip and make a denture.”
- “Our patients don’t know better and they trust us.”
- Teresa is appalled: “Office Manager to Office Manager, shame on you.”
Resources from the episode:
- Article About Case: Hoverboard-Riding Dentist, Found Guilty of Fraud, Is Sentenced to 12 Years
- Court Documents: State v. Seth Lookhart, Shauna Leigh Cranford, Lookhart Dental LLC Information
- Chew On This Episode about Hoverboard Dentist
**If you like the show then I’d appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask for referrals!**
- Teresa’s Website- https://www.odysseymgmt.com/ (sign up for my newsletter!)
- Teresa’s Book Moving Your Patients to Yes! Easy Insurance Conversations
http://odysseymgmt.corecommerce.com/Book/ (use ‘newsletter’ for $3 off)
Leave a Reply